Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The transformation of Makeup

Hi Dolls,
I want to share another picture of my client Sylvia. If you scroll down to the previous blog entry, you will see that Sylvia is in the picture. She looks completely different, right? I love what makeup can do! You can completely transform someone into looking and feeling totally different! A different texture, color and placement of the makeup application can make you do a double take. A new approach can work wonders.




Sylvia was going to a birthday party and allowed me to suprise her with whatever look I wanted. I decided on a subtle smokey eye with falsies and natural looking lips. This time, the application techniques I used were different compared to the first picture of Sylvia. I decided to use a different type of foundation, contoured her face, used different false lashes and kept her lips as natural as possible.


Here's what I used:
Embark eyeshadow for brows
Nylon on the lid
Copperplate and Carbon in the crease applied with a MAC #224 working passed her eyes
Vanilla as the highlight
Ardell lashes #105
Blacktrack Fluidline
A Marykay cream foundation in #400 buffed with a #109 and stippled with a #187
Blunt blush for a contour
Azalea blush
Bobbi Brown Peach concealer
Vaseline and Gingeroot lip pencil

I think Sylvia looks different in the picture because I worked the eye shadows passed her eyes all the way to her outer crease and buffed and stippled her foundation leaving a different glow look to her skin. In the end, Sylvia was very happy with her look and had a great time at the party. The transformation of makeup is incredible and it's all about being creative and taking chances! Til next time, Dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment