Monday, March 22, 2010

My Old Faithfuls

Hi Dolls,
Today's post is on hair products and I hope everyone is well and enjoying the transition from Winter to Spring. Hair products may vary for everyone from season to season but I for one stick with my "Old Faithfuls" all year round. I have my moments when I want different hair styles whether it's choppy layers all over, longer hair with bangs or right now I'm totally into long hair with longer layers. I love it because my hair is not as high maintenance to style and it not so time consuming. Besides, I would rather spend my time doing my makeup rather than my hair. :)




No matter what type of hair style phase I'm in, I always stick with these products.
Starting from left to right:

Redken Workforce 09 Hairspray is fabulous. I would say it is more of a mist rather than spray. It smells great and makes it easy to comb my fingers through my hair whenever I need to and it's lasts a long time.

Redken Guts 10 is basically a root booster. I usually spray a liberal amount at the crown of my head when my hair is damp and use my fingers to really work it in my hair otherwise once my hair dries it will stay crunchy, hehe. Once I work it in, I blow dry my hair with a large round brush and I've got tons of volume and full, voluminous hair.

Tresemme Heat Tamer is basically a hair life saver. I could not be without this product! When my hair is wet, I comb it out and spray a generous amount all through the bottom half of my hair. I spray a few times near the top of my head but the heat from the blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron and hair wand is mainly focused on the bottom half of my hair. Ive been using this for about 3 years now and I have noticed a huge difference at the ends of my hair. I don't get split ends nearly as quick as I used to. A huge plus is that the spray is vitamin enriched which is great because it's healthy for your hair.

Next is my Ojon dry shampoo spray. I know this may sound nasty but I don't like to wash my hair everyday because I feel it's not good for my hair. I use this for second day hair. Once I'm ready to style my hair I will spray this a the top of my hair, wait a few minutes until it turns white and then rub it out with my fingers. I like this because it takes out the oil in my hair and it makes my hair look clean and smell powdery fresh.

TIGI Bed Head After Party is definitely a classic. I've been using this since I was about 18 and I use it to make the bottom half of my hair shiny and feel smooth. The texture is amazing and a little bit of After Party goes a long way. If you ever use it, be sure not to get too much out other wise it you put it in your hair, it will make your hair appear super oily.

I got my pink teasing hair comb as a little prezzie from my sister. I like it because it has two rows to tease your hair with and it really grabs your hair and who wouldn't love a pink comb, right?

Finally, I have my pomade that I use to give my hair some control and texture. This pomade is unlike any other I have tried and it's extremely thick. It has a lemon-y smell and does a great job with styling my hair. I love this pomade!

I hope you all learned something new about my hair styling products. The Redken, Tresemme, and Bed Head products can be bought at Ulta. I think the pink teasing comb is from Sally's and I got my pomade from my hair salon. What are some of your favorite hair products? Let me know. Take care!

- Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment